Minnesota Schools of Character & Promising Practices Awards
|The Schools of Character program is a school improvement process offering the opportunity for recognition, self-assessment and professional feedback to schools and districts engaged in character education. The program honors all schools and districts that demonstrate an exemplary level of implementation of the 11 Principles of Effective Character Education. Synergy & Leadership Exchange (Synergy) works in partnership with Character.org to offer the Schools of Character program in Minnesota.
|As part of the Schools of Character program, Synergy also presents Promising Practice Awards. The awards recognize a successful, specific and unique practice created by a school that promotes positive character development and in keeping with the 11 Principles.
►Visit the Promising Practices page.
Synergy recognized the 2015 Minnesota Schools of Character and Promising Practice honorees at the Character Recognition Awards celebration May 21 at the state capitol. View 2015 ceremony recap.
Character.org will recognize the National Schools of Character and Promising Practice honorees at the 22nd National Forum on Character Education in Atlanta, GA Oct. 15-17.
2015 Minnesota School of Character:
- Waseca Jr. & Sr. High – Waseca
2015 Honorable Mention, Minnesota School of Character:
- Maple Grove Senior High – Maple Grove
- St. Mark’s Catholic School – St. Paul
2015 Promising Practices Awards:
- AFSA High School – Vadnais Heights
- Bridges Community School – Mankato
- Cedar Ridge Elementary – Eden Prairie
- Cologne Academy – Chaska
- Concordia Academy – Roseville
- Ellis Middle School – Austin
- Henry Sibley SADD – Mendota Heights
- Impact Academy at Orchard Lake Elementary – Lakeville
- Lakes International Language Academy* – Forest Lake
*Denotes a Minnesota Promising Practice that has received national recognition by Character.org.