Citizens for an Ethical Minnesota
Citizens for an Ethical Minnesota was a statewide movement working across sectors to inspire and celebrate positive character and ethical leadership development. It was guided by a steering committee and administered by Synergy & Leadership Exchange (Synergy).
Synergy thanks and acknowledges the many individuals and organizations that contributed to the work or provided funding for the initiative. Although Citizens for an Ethical Minnesota is no longer operating as a formal initiative, Synergy is keeping
the spirit of the work alive through the Minnesota Character Council and other character-focused programs For more information, please contact the executive director.
Develop Minnesotans to be good citizens and ethical leaders.
Vision: Good character and ethical leadership are the cultural norms in Minnesota where citizens make decisions that positively affect themselves and others
- Ensure that ethical citizenship and good character are embedded in the culture of all Minnesota communities.
- Develop active partnerships between businesses, educators, community organizations and youth in support of the mission.
- Identify tools and resources to bring the language of ethics and responsibility into education and community conversations.
- Document cost to society for unethical decisions linked to the lack of good character.
- Provide evidence of the effect of character education on academic, civic and workplace achievement.
► Minnesota Ethical Leadership Award