Ethical Citizens for Minnesota's Future
Phase III: Leading the Call to Action – December 9
On Dec. 9 a cross-sector of business, education, community and religious leaders gathered for "Leading the Call to Action," Phase III of the Ethical Citizens for Minnesota's Future Initiative. It was an extraordinary morning of conversation and planning with Minnesotans committed to developing good citizens and ethical leaders. Experts in advancing ethical character and leadership discussed ways to move the following identified goals to implementable actions:
1. Embed ethical citizenship and good character in the culture of all Minnesota schools by 2017.
2. Support active partnerships between businesses, educators, community organizations and youth.
3. Develop common language and provide standards/guides for ethical citizenship.
4. Document cost to society for unethical decisions linked to the lack of good character.
5. Provide evidence of the effect of character education on academic achievement.
Laura Bloomberg, Executive Director, Center for Integrative Leadership ● Dr. Matt Bostrom, Ramsey County Sheriff-Elect ● Dr. Matthew K. Burns, Professor of Educational Psychology, University of Minnesota ● Ann M. Dillard, President, K.I.P. Consulting Services ● Senator Steve Dille, (R) District 18, Minnesota State Senate ● Patrick Geraghty, President and Chief Executive Officer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota ● Jenni Lilledahl, Owner, Brave New Workshop ● Dr. Karen Rusthoven, Executive Director, Community of Peace Academy, St. Paul ● Stephen B. Young, Global Executive Director, Caux Round Table
If you were unable to attend the Dec. 9 event and would like to be a part of advancing ethical citizenship in Minnesota, please complete the Call to Action sheet and return it to us. The Phase III report will be compiled and released by the interim steering committee in January.
Phase III documents:
Return to Civility, a simple little book with a simple little theme, "Act the way you want the world to be." Complimentary copies were provided by Brave New Workshop – order
additional copies today.